Position: Market Manager
Part-time Seasonal (late May – early September) 10-15 Hours per week
Hourly Rate: up to $15 based on qualifications
Resume required by April 15, 2019. Send resume and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you excited about what the Lovettsville Cooperative Market is doing? Are you passionate about local food and supporting our rural economy? If so, please read the following details for job requirements.
The Market Manager is a part-time seasonal position (approximately 15 hours a week from late May to early September) that oversees the weekly Saturday morning market and manages all orders, pickups and deliveries during the week.
Primary direction and supervision is received from the Treasurer of LCM.
· Manage the operations of the Saturday market from setup at 8:30 a.m. to breakdown beginning at 1:00 p.m. This includes:
· Coordinate volunteers to put out signage and setup tables, chairs, coolers.
· Receive and check deliveries from vendors Saturday morning, confirming both pricing and quantity, and coordinate with volunteers for any last minute pickups.
· Check all items against inventory spreadsheet, confirming beginning quantity, wholesale price and retail price. Add any new items to the inventory and make sure all items are correctly priced on Square.
· Arrange all items for display with their correct price visible.
· Check cash in cashbox for total and confirm adequate small bills for change.
· Instruct volunteers on use of scale, Square and other sales procedures.
· During market, accept payments in cash, check or credit card using Square.
· At end of market, record all remaining items in inventory spreadsheet; pack all non-perishables in appropriate boxes and store at firehouse until next week; place into refrigerator, at firehouse, all hardy vegetables in good condition, salamis and cheeses (check expiration); distribute remaining tender produce to firehouse, Co-op volunteers who worked that day or to Loudoun Food Bank; coordinate with volunteers to pick-up and store all road signage, tables, chairs, signs, display in designated area at firehouse
· Coordinate delivery of cash box to LCM Treasurer
· After market, review inventory of meats, cheeses, eggs and non-perishables to determine quantities to order for next week. Orders should be placed by Monday.
· Arrange pickup or deliveries for next week.
· During week record tasks with associated hours and email to LCM supervisor.
· Knowledge of farming and/or retail
· Ability to work Saturdays
· Ability to work with minimal direction
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Good computer skills including Excel
· Insured vehicle, cell phone
· Education: minimum high school degree
· Enthusiastic advocate for local food and produc