WE NEED YOU!
Board Description and Expectations
- Member in good standing in the Cooperative for at least three months prior to the deadline for submitting nominations (i.e., member before 10/18/16);
- Embrace the purposes and mission of the Cooperative (see website);
- Ability and willingness to attend meetings and participate in the deliberations of at least one standing or special committee created by the Board (meetings are held at least monthly, typically on a weekday evening; additional board retreats are periodic);
- Agree to serve for a minimum of one term (two years); and
- Agree to assume legal responsibility for the organization to the extent required by law for board directors (see Articles of Incorporation, Article VI, for details).
Desired Qualifications (not required but helpful):
- Team player; able to collaborate with others to make decisions;
- Time, energy, and enthusiasm for making development of the Co-op a priority;
- Strong follow-through on volunteer commitments;
- Good judgment; able to weight different perspectives objectively and make responsible decisions;
- Willingness to entertain new ideas;
- Trusted community member with integrity;
- Effective communication skills; and
- Brings special skills to the Cooperative necessary for productivity, such as,
o Financial background,
o Construction project management,
o Fundraising experience or expertise,
o Marketing/communications background,
o Experience serving on boards,
o Writing skills (particularly grant writing),
o Experience with rural business environments,
o Grocery/retail store management,
o Relationships with local producers.
The election will be finalized at the Co-op annual meeting on Thursday, February 23, 2017. A notice regarding the meeting location will be sent out at a later date.
Thank you for your consideration of the Co-op!